Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Delicious Tomatoes!

One of my favorite things of summer has always been fresh produce from the garden, especially tomatoes. I remember as a child picking hundreds of cherry tomatoes in my doll buggy. We had so many tomatoes many years that my Mom would make tomato juice for Peepaw. I remember her fixing "stewed tomatoes" for me for breakfast. I loved them! I have gotten some weird looks when I've told people that story. They were just perfect for a cold day though. I also like dipping them in sugar sometimes.


This year we have tomatoes of our own! JMP has had a little garden every year we've lived here, but it never has produced much. He's figured out the soil is not the best for growing anything and is working on improving that. We do have tomatoes this year, though, which is very exciting for me. It seems they all get red at the same time, and then I have more than we can eat. We've shared some with the neighbors and also the bank teller. We have all been enjoying them with our meals and hope they continue producing for many months!


--------------------------------
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

No comments: