Friday, August 10, 2007

3rd Annual Family Day

We have a tradition of having a family day for Caleb's birthday. His actual birthday will be Sunday, but Daddy took off work today so we could keep the tradition.

The fun started last night after Caleb went to bed. We hung streamers, balloons, and construction themed posters in our living room. I don't know how much I really slept because I was looking forward to his reaction this morning. Sometime early this morning he came to our bed. He didn't mention seeing the decorations when he got in our bed so I didn't take him back to his bed (just to be sure he didn't wake up and see them as I was carrying him to his room!). After he woke up I called him into the living room, and the look on his face was priceless. I think I enjoy his reaction more every year!

We got ready and also let him open one of his presents...a remote control Scoop. I'm not sure if Daddy or Caleb has had the most fun with it this afternoon!

We started with breakfast at McDonalds. Then we went to the park. We didn't stay too long as the temperature began to rise, but it was pretty nice in the shady areas. Next Caleb requested we go to the library. This was a first for our family day tradition. His next request was the boy store (Home Depot). We made a stop by Dollar Tree too (Mommy's request), and then went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. Then we stopped at HEB for ice cream for tomorrow's party.

I asked Caleb last week what he wanted for his birthday supper, and he said burgers. I fixed them and Daddy cooked them on the grill. Then we sang to him and had cupcakes for dessert.

It has been a grand day!
------------------------
"The secret of the mystery is: God is always greater. No matter how great we think Him to be, His love is always greater." Brennan Manning

No comments: