Monday, July 30, 2007

Song

Today on the radio I heard this song. You can find all of the words through the link and type in the title "God is God." It's by Stephen Curtis Chapman. Hearing it reminded me of the time surrounding my miscarriage. I remember even including a few lines of the song in our Christmas letter that year.

God is God and I am not
I can only see apart of the picture He’s painting
God is God and I am man
So I’ll never understand it all
For only God is God

Sometimes I catch myself thinking in certain situations how nice it would be to see how everything is going to turn out. In reality though I'm glad I don't know. I don't need to know. I believe that there is a reason for the things we go through---good and bad. When I can't see the full picture or undestand what is going on, it is comforting to just trust the Lord to work everything out in His way and His timing.

Songs like this remind me of this and bring peace to my heart.
--------------------------------

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather to become a man of value. He is considered successful in our day who gets more out of life than he puts in. But a man of value will give more than he receives." -Albert Einstein

No comments: