Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge




1. January 29th is National Puzzle Day. Do you enjoy puzzles? What kind (crossword, jigsaw, sudoku, etc)?  How often do you work a puzzle? 
I enjoy puzzles.  We have jigsaw puzzles to check out from the local library and have done that.  I like word puzzles like "Wordle" and do it every day.  I like word search puzzles for something to do while traveling.  Sometimes I do sudoku, but I have to be in the right mood for that one.  

2. Something you currently find 'puzzling'? 

I don't get the hype over Taylor Swift/Travis Kelce.  I know very little about either of them.  

3. What's your go-to dish to take to someone who needs a meal (new baby, bereavement, etc)? 

I do soup in the crock pot if it's cold.  Another idea is a rotisserie chicken.

4. Do you watch any HGTV and/or The Food Network? If so, what's your favorite program there? 

The only time I watch is when we are traveling and at a hotel. We don't get these channels at home (we don't pay for any TV services.) 

I do like watching cooking competition shows though. 

5.  Wrap up your January in five words, with a five word phrase, or with a five word sentence. 

Sickness came to our house.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Last week our youngest had the flu. He missed school Monday - Wednesday.  Our district closed on Monday because of all the sickness and low attendance.  He was going to go on Tuesday but his throat hurt.  We let the nurse look at it before school (no other symptoms), it was red and swollen so she said take him to have him swabbed.  It was positive for strep.  He went back today.

Then in the afternoon I took our oldest son to the dr. yesterday and he has the flu.  

I really didn't think my husband and I were going to be able to go to the church marriage retreat last weekend.  I figured one of us would be sick too . But we weren't and had a wonderful time!  I'm glad we could go.  

Have a day of blessings! 
 Bethany

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Me either!! the hype with Taylor and Travis. Glad you were able to go on the retreat. Hoping and praying the sickness is on the mend.

Joyce said...

I'm sorry for all the illness in your home, but so glad you were able to attend your retreat. In terms of all the Taylor Travis hoopla...sometimes I think people just want a break from all the hard, contentious, frightening news we get on a regular basis, and something like this is a gentle distraction. Have a nice week!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Seems there are so many "bugs" in the air. I had strep and Hubby had upper respiratory 2 weeks after C'mas. Between that and wintery and rainy weather, we are past ready for Spring. Abundant blessings!

ellen b. said...

Sorry for all the sickness in January. Glad you could attend the marriage conference. Ours is in March. Hope February is a healthy month for your family!

Kym said...

I really like the Wordle type puzzles and do them almost every day. Sorry that sickness seemed to be the theme of your January! Glad you were still able to go to the marriage retreat, and that you're all on the mend now.

Allstarme79 said...

Yeah my middle is getting over the flu now and it really took him out!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I keep hearing about Wordle but haven't tried it. I agree with you on the hype on them. It's getting annoying. Those seem like nice dishes to share. Sorry about the sickness. Sorry about the strep. Glad he is back in school. So glad you were able to go to the retreat.

Kirstin said...

I've been doing wordle consistently since last October. I do it with my aunts and a few cousins...we have a text chat that we share our results and hints if we need them. I hope you're all feeling better.