Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Do you have a word for the year (WOTY)? If so, and you'd like to share, please share. How do you decide on a word? If you don't have a word are you still on the hunt for one for 2024? 
I don't typically have a WOTY but this year it is  PRAISE.  This is a word I kept seeing over and over in my Bible reading at the end of 2023 and I knew I needed that to be my word to think about, study, ponder, etc. this year.  I'm buying a bracelet with that word too.

2. January 23rd is National Pie Day...will you celebrate? Do you like pie? What's your favorite? 

I would like to celebrate!  I do love pie!  It's hard to pick a favorite.  My Mom makes a good Toll House pie. It is very reach.  I like a good peach or apple pie too.  

3. Tipping. What are your thoughts, expectations, as to who, when where? Do you appreciate a store/restaurant giving a 'suggested amount'? Have you ever left an extravagant tip? 

I have increased the standard amount I leave.  If it is exceptional service I do leave more.  I do not like to give tips at places like Sonic when the carhop just brings me a drink and that's all.  This has never been something I've done, I don't like it when they keep my change and just expect me to be giving it to them.  That rubs me the wrong way when they just keep it without asking.  I don't go by the "suggested amount."

One tradition we have on Christmas Eve is to go eat dessert at a restaurant before we drive around to look at lights.  We rarely buy a dessert when we eat out....because they are expensive and we typically don't have room to eat anything more.  So on Christmas Eve we find an open place and just eat dessert.  Then we live a bigger than normal tip.  This past year the boy was so surprised!  

4. Share with us one household 'tip' that works for you. 

Use essential oils.  They smell good and have health benefits I've found.
For cleaning I'm trying to use less chemicals.  If you have recommendation on safe cleaners to use in the home let me know!

5. Influencers on social media are people who've built a reputation for their knowledge and expertise on a particular subject. Do you follow any influencers online? Have you made a purchase or tried something new because of that 'influence'? If there's one you particularly enjoy tell us who they are and why you enjoy them. 

I look forward to reading others' answers.  I don't have any influencers I follow.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

We had an amazing night at the 2nd annual benefit dinner Saturday for the non-profit started by my son.  It was a huge success!  Food was delicious too.  

I've been home this week with my little guy. He has the flu.  The rest of us do not have symptoms yet and hopefully we stay well. It is going around here with lots of students and teachers out at his school.  I'm glad I can be home with him.  He's told me multiple times "Thank you for taking care of me."  

Fun fact I found in FB memories....14 years ago our oldest also had flu on this day.  

Have a day of blessings!

 Bethany

4 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Praise is a great word and how nice to be getting a bracelet with that word on it. The Toll House pie sounds good. That sounds nice about having dessert and then seeing the lights. I certainly don't follow any influencers. Glad your benefit dinner was a huge success. Sorry about the flu. Take care. That is something about them both having the flu on the same day.

Joyce said...

I hope your son is feeling better. I am just beginning to explore some 'healthier' cleaning options here too. The scents on so many of them seem to irritate me. I'm glad your fundraiser went well.

Lysha said...

I love your WOTY! Oh, and I forgot about peach pie. Yummy! :-)

Kirstin said...

I enjoyed your answers. That was kind of a crazy "fun/not fun" fact. haha. Awhile back we had a bat in our house, and later that day when I looked on FB, 7 years ago to the date we had a couple bats in the house. NO THANKS bats...DO NOT come back in 7 years. A toll house pie sounds good.