Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge




I have always loved Winnie the Pooh so it was fun to see questions in this theme today!  

1. On January 18th we commemorate A.A. Milne's birthday. Milne is the author of the beloved classic Winnie the Pooh. In many ways Pooh represents innocence and simplicity. His optimism reminds us to appreciate the little things. What are three little things you're appreciating in mid-January? 

~ fire in the fire place

~ a warmed up vehicle ready for me to take my boy to school when it's 9 degrees outside

~ hugs from my boys

2. Piglet teaches us even the smallest of individuals can achieve big things with the proper amount of determination. How do your current responsibilities make you feel? 

We have a benefit dinner on Saturday for the non-profit that my son started in 2022.  I'm helping to gather and organize the silent auction items. I am glad to help in this way and take one aspect of the dinner off of his to do list. And since I did this last year I have a better idea of what I'm doing and how to get in done.  Last year it was in February but he changed it to January to try to schedule around the major stock shows.  

3. Tigger is known for his enthusiasm and energy, his boundless joy and love of life. What's something you're interested in learning more about in this new year? 

Making our own bread with freshly milled flour.  We've just started learning about this process, and my husband and I are both excited to learn more and try it ourselves.

4. Eeyore, while a melancholy character, teaches us the importance of resilience and perseverance. How do you stay motivated and persevere in difficult circumstances?

Sometimes I just have to remind myself to take just one day at a time and not try to do it all in one day. And to realize it is okay if I don't complete a to do list or if I need a day of resting. 

I try to focus on the end goal/result and remind myself how good it will feel when I stick with it and not give up even when it's hard.

5. What's the last thing you ate that was made with honey? 

I put honey on a sopapilla during the holidays.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

We've had below freezing temperatures for a couple of days. We didn't have precipitation so the roads have been fine.  I'm glad I didn't have to get out much though because it's not fun to do errands in these temps. It's supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow and then cold again for the weekend.  

Have a day of blessings! 

 Bethany

8 comments:

Carla from The River said...

Hi, making bread with freshly milled flour sounds very interesting to learn about.
Carla

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, how I wish our temps would reach 60 tomorrow. We've had a winter storm since Sunday and I'm tired of it. Tomorrow is suppose to be much better and I plan to get out and about. I've done all the baking, cleaning and organizing I need/want to do for a while. Happy rest of your week!

ellen b. said...

Hope the silent auction goes well! I'm sure that is a load off for your son. Our son and dil would love to get a flour mill. Happy Hodgepodge to you.

Joyce said...

I haven't had a sopapilla in years. We used to love going to my grandparents in New Mexico and watching them being made behind a glass screen. Do you make your own? I never see them in any of the Mexican restaurants here. I remember them as being very light and airy. Good luck with your fundraiser!

Allstarme79 said...

Ha, my honey answer involved a sopapilla but it was a beer flavored that way.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love your 3 things. Hope the dinner goes well on Saturday. Wow, enjoy the bread you make. Yes, it is okay to take a day of rest. I'm glad your weather didn't bring snow and that the road were fine. Take care and God Bless.

Lady In Read said...

making bread from fresh milled flour sounds wonderful. i do want to make fresh bread this year (though from store bought flours!).. And totally agree with your answers to the first question..
My post is here - scroll down to #13 for the hodgepodge questions

Kirstin said...

Ooohh bread with freshly milled flour sounds wonderful. I enjoyed your answers.