Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. Your favorite cleaning product? Do you clean your own house or hire out? Most disliked household chore? What one chore do you not mind so much? I do like to use my Norwex cloths.  Also I have a Shark steam mop that has been great.  We clean our own house, and by "we" I do mean my husband and me (and the boys too). The chore I dislike is cleaning out the toilets....my husband is so good about doing this actually!  A chore I don't mind is folding laundry.  I like to listen to an audio book as I fold.  I read an idea once to pray for the family members as you fold their clothes.  I don't always do that but I have.

 2. It's Canned Food Month...do you use a lot of canned goods? What are the three canned items you purchase most often? Last thing you made using a canned ingredient? 
I didn't know there was Canned Food Month.  I do use a lot of canned goods.  Three I buy a lot are mandarin oranges, peaches, and corn.  Another would be green chilies.  I use those in a recipe called Zesty Fiesta Bake. It is seasoned ground beef and on top is a layer or cornbread.  The chilies are mixed into the cornbread.  I can't find the recipe online or I'd share it here.  

 3. Can of worms, anything can happen, can you imagine?, as best I can, kick the can down the road, more than one can take, no can do, not if I can help it...choose an idiom and tell us how you currently relate. I could think of how several could relate.  I'll choose "anything can happen."  To me this reminds me that things can change in our lives quickly.  I have been thinking back to a year ago and how none of us could have imagined how long this pandemic/restrictions would last.  

4.The last Tuesday in February is National Spa Day. Are you someone who enjoys a day at the spa? Last time you visited a spa? Do you have a favorite spa? Are salons open for business in your area? Have you made changes to your hair and nail routine since Corona hit? In what way?
No I've never been one to enjoy a day at the spa.  I don't guess I've ever gone to one.  I rarely go to have my hair/nails done.  We have a teacher friend who paints toes in the summer, not a pedicure, just paints fun designs.  I did that last summer.  I rarely go to have a pedicure anyway.  I do go to the local beauty college for hair trims.  I never do anything different and feel they will do adequate for me just getting it trimmed.  I do love having my hair washed!

 5. Believe it or not this is the last Hodgepodge of the month. In one sentence sum up your February. 
February 2021 has been filled with love and a week of C O L D weather we will never forget.

 6. Insert your own random thought here.
I was excited to order some fabric over the weekend and am so excited for it to get here.  When I look online (or in store too really), most of the time nothing jumps out at me.  Well this fabric I just loved and could envision making a lap quilt with it.  I didn't order it at the time.  The next day I found that a variety of the same fabric was on special so I ordered it.  This is a picture of it.

Image:  Missouri Star
 



Have a day of blessings! 
 Bethany

4 comments:

ellen b. said...

That's going to be a pretty lap quilt. Love those color combinations and patterns. Make sure you show us it when it's completed. I'm going to hunt that recipe down because it sounds like something I'd really enjoy. Hope the rest of February goes well at your house!

Romi said...

Hi. I'm a Wednesday Hodgepodge neighbor.
Zesty Fiesta Bake sounds tasty!

Willow said...

I love that palette of fabric colors. That will make a beautiful quilt.
Your focus on love for February is a good reminder that not everything about February was cold and snow.
And I know that we all are looking forward to 'kicking the can of covid' away.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I've heard good things about those cloths. The steam mop sounds great too. I like having canned goods in the house. I use green chilies in my black bean chili. True, hard to believe it is going on a year! I'm not a fan of a spa but I do like pedicures. That's been a year now!! The fabric looks awesome.