Thursday, February 18, 2021

Thankful Thursday



Good morning from a C O L D, snowy Texas!  


None of our snow has melted.  It is supposed to get above freezing tomorrow.

This week, as we have faced weather we don't have here in Texas, I am thankful for so many things!

~ my husband doing what he can to take care of us and keep us warm with the fire place.  

~ my big boy helping doing things he typically doesn't have to do.....like gathering buckets of snow to pour into my bathtub that we are using to flush toilets!  

~ getting to be my little guy's "teacher" one day while our school did remote learning for one day.  I was also thankful they had everything in place to have the remote learning option this week.  They told us last week that we would probably do that this week because of the weather.  (Kindergarten was sent home a packet to do each day and had to check in.)  When we started having extended power outages here and internet trouble, the school just cancelled and didn't do remote learning.  

~ This week has reminded me to be thankful for so many things that I so easily take for granted..... washing clothes or dishes whenever, flushing the toilet, feeling warm, wood for the fireplace, having extra bottles of water, food in the cabinet and freezer, gas in vehicles, being able to get in the van and go somewhere.  So many things!  

~ the way our community came together to help get the pipes thawed so the water could flow.  They got creative in thawing the pipes so our city could have water.  It's a blessing to live in a small community that helps out when a need arises.

~ The many examples of people helping one another has been encouraging to me.  I've seen so many stories of people being helped by friends, neighbors, and even strangers.  Needs have been shared and met.  It has been good to see the way people are caring for each other.  

Have a day of blessings!
 Bethany

1 comment:

ellen b. said...

I'm glad to read you are coming up with ways to deal with the severe for Texas weather you are having. Hope everyone gets power soon.