Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. The sweetness of summer...where have you found it recently? If you're in the Southern hemisphere, feel free to tell us about the sweetness you're finding in winter.
Fresh produce....peaches, cantaloupe, watermelon, berries!

2. Take your sweet time, sweet tooth, home sweet home, short but sweet, the sweet smell of success, sweet talk...choose a sweet idiom and tell us how it fits your life currently?
Home sweet home.....We had a great time on our vacation last week, but it has been nice to be at home again.  I missed my bath and my bed!  


3. Sweet as honey, sweet as sugar, or sweet as pie, which phrase do you use when a sweet phrase is called for? What's the last sweet treat you indulged in?
I don't think I really use any of these "sweet" phrases.
Caleb made us a peach pie using some fresh peaches.  It is so delicious.  


Also, Titus and I have enjoyed these frozen bars.  If you haven't tried them, you should.  They make a nice treat for a hot day.  So far we have tried grape, lemon, and watermelon of this brand.
(Not my picture)

4. First thing that comes to mind when you hear the word fidget?
Fidget spinner.....I never understood the attraction of these.  Someone gave us one for Caleb, and it had a light on it so I didn't like it.


5. Share with us one of your favorite childhood travel memories.
We would meet my aunt and cousin in the DFW area and go to an amusement park together, back then it was called Wet n Wild.  We went to Six Flags sometimes too.  I remember eating at Pancho's with them on these trips too.  


When we were on our trip listening to the phone tell us which highway to take, my husband and I talked how our parents used paper maps to find our way when we traveled!

6. Insert your own random thought here.

We went down to Rockport for a vacation over the 4th.  Caleb didn't have his work outs that week at the school so that was the week that worked best for us to be away.  We stayed with my husband's parents.  It was a nice time, relaxing and making memories.  We did not have a lot planned.  The beach closed before we got there but then opened back on Tuesday so we got to go.  The boys went fishing and enjoyed that.  Oh and we stopped at DQ several times for Blizzards!  The new Drumstick Blizzard is my new favorite. 

I'm glad we got to have a vacation!

*See my precious post for a book giveaway!

Have a day of blessings!

 Bethany

3 comments:

Jan said...

I'm glad I found your blog. We've been enjoying fresh produce too. There are 2 farm stands that we visit at least twice each week. Last night we had fresh beets and corn on the cob.
Jan
Laughter and Consistency

Martha said...

Glad you were able to enjoy a little vacation in the middle of the crazy condition our country is in. Have a great week :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Yum on the fresh fruit. Way to go Caleb on making a pie! Yes the outshine bars are good and I also like some that Sprouts grocery chain makes. I thought of the spinner too. That is a sweet and fun childhood memory. I remember maps! Glad you got to get away over the 4th. Oh my, I need to try that drumstick blizzard.