Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge




1. Saturday marks the first official day of summer! Whoohoo! Your favorite thing about the season?
The vacations we (usually) take together, homemade ice cream, and watermelon! 

2. Love it!, labor of love, not for love or money, no love lost, love handles, love does, love-hate relationship, misery loves company, tough love, love will find a way...pick one and tell us how it applies to your life right now.
Love does......This made me think of a great book we've read called Love Does by Bob Goff.  I've been thinking about this because I saw that Bob Goff has a new book coming out too.  If you haven't read his books, I'd recommend them to you! 


3. What's one thing currently causing you to seethe? One thing currently making you smile? 
Something that makes me seethe is how many people have no value for human life.


Something that makes me smile is jokes my little guy tells.  We were driving the other day, and he said he told us:

Why do sheep have long hair?

Cause they need to go to the baaaaaber shop.


He is so cute when he says it too!  

4. Of the following to-dos found on a summer checklist (here) which three would definitely make your personal list of summer want-to-dos?
roast marshmallows over a fire, go berry or peach picking, dangle your feet off the end of a dock, sit on a porch swing, watch the sunset from a beach, nap in a hammock, go barefoot in the grass, collect seashells, play tennis, go fishing, build a sandcastle, catch fireflies, eat a soft serve ice cream cone, make a pitcher of Sangria, swim in a lake, stargaze, ride a bike, paddle a canoe or kayak, make a summer road trip, throw a frisbee

Do you make an actual list?

No I don't make an actual list.  There are some fun ideas here!
Three that would make my list:
--watch the sunset from a beach
--roast marshmallows over a fire (have already done but would be glad to do again!)
--go berry or peach picking (This reminds me of picking peaches off the tree at my Peepaw's house when I was a little girl.)
5. Thursday is National Splurge Day. What might you splurge on in order to celebrate?
I was telling my Mom about this face cream that I just love.  I have a small sample type size I got in a kit.  I wasn't sure if I would like it because I usually don't like things on my face.  But I love it.  It isn't something that is necessary so I'd consider it a splurge.  
Visit https://www.essentiallysalvee.com/ for this and other great products.


6. Insert your own random thought here.
My big boy is gone to camp this week.  We dropped him off on Sunday afternoon, and he will be home Saturday.  I look forward to hearing his stories.  They made many changes in order to get to have the camp and keep everyone safe.  We were very thankful that he got to go to this camp that he loves so much.  We don't get to go this year on Wednesday like we normally do because "no visitors."  

Have a day of blessings!

Bethany

4 comments:

Martha said...

Hope your son enjoys camp and hope you all have a great summer!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Nice start to your summer! I will check out that book. Good point on people not having no value for life. It's very sad. That is so sweet that he tells you jokes. What face cream is it? I hope he is having a nice time at camp. Take care.

Joyce said...

Summer camp is so good for kids in so many ways. I'm happy your son was able to go this year. I really loved the book, Love Does. It was inspiring and motivating and stuck with me. Thanks for joining the HP this week!

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

Hope he enjoys his camp. Most seem to have been cancelled, so lucky this one wasn't. It is terrible, the things that are happening. I agree with you - I cannot understand how people can have no respect for their fellow humans.