Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. In Monday’s post I mentioned I would incorporate the word I was given for letter K into this week’s questions. That word was karaoke. On a scale of 1-10 how excited would you be to find out there was karaoke happening at your next gathering/outing with friends? 10=gimme that microphone!, and 1=I suddenly remembered there’s somewhere else I need to be. Have you ever actually done karaoke? If you had to perform karaoke what would be your ‘go-to’ song?

2
I have only tried karaoke with youtube at home.  Not in public!  I'd sing a Disney song like from "Beauty and the Beast" or "Little Mermaid." 

2. How do you listen to music these days? Favorite app or do you listen the old fashioned way? Do you have music playing often in your home? Is there still a CD player in your car?

We listen to Pandora or Spotify through the television.  It is often playing in our home while we are doing other things.  I have a CD player in my van and like to listen to my CDs still.

3. The HP lands on US tax day this year. Or what used to be tax day before everything including filing your taxes was cancelled, delayed, postponed or extended. FYI- filing your taxes has not been cancelled, only delayed for a bit.
Besides staying away from anyone and everyone, what have you found taxing lately?
Meal planning.  I have been looking in the freezer and coming up with ideas of things so we don't have the same meals every week.  We use the crock pot every week or two and have leftovers once a week.  Also all the dishes.  The dishes don't usually bother me but lately there have been so many!

4. You’re without power so no oven, and you can’t open your frig or freezer in order to keep what’s in there from spoiling. And you don’t have access to take out. What will you make us for dinner? Chicken salad or baked potatoes....I'd be missing a few ingredients from the fridge though.  
5.  I’ve seen this exercise going around Facebook and thought it would be a good one to include in the HP...what are five things everybody seems to love and go crazy for that you personally don’t care for?inside dogs
binge watching shows on Netflix
Starbucks (or any coffee for that matter)
running
Instagram

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

I got to attend a continuing ed class virtually this morning.  It had some good ideas for teachers to use.  One is called Pear Deck.  I had never heard of it before but could see lots of benefits for both students and teachers.  And yippee for three more hours of continuing ed.

Have a day of blessings! 
  Bethany

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those are good songs. I love Disney movies. I still like to listen to my CD's. We don't binge watch but we do watch Netflix. I'm not into Starbucks either.