Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge



How nice to join back in with the hodgepodgers today!  I’ve only been posting Thankful Thursday’s on my blog. I do have a couple book reviews to do.

1. Howdy Hodgepodgers. It's kind of fun to be back, isn't it?  Last time we met was September, 2018. Tell me something big-important-happy-or sad that's happened in your life since that date. Just one thing. We don't know how long this current isolation situation is going to last and we might need to dole out our news bit by bit.
My husband had shoulder surgery last March so that has been on my mind this week as it was teh one year anniversary. He had physical therapy through July.

2. Might as well get this out of the way early on...COVID-19. On a scale of 1-5 how serious are you about keeping your distance? Explain. fyi-I didn't create the scale but have seen it several places online. Also fyi-we won't only have virus related questions each week, but for this first one it feels right.

1-Not at all, living normally
2-Cautious but still going out
3-Going out as needed, mostly home or working from home, still seeing friends/family
4-Extremely limited, only going out when unavoidable, minimal contact with people
5-Full lockdown, no one in or out
3... Contact is minimal.  I’ve been to the grocery store and drive thru at the bank. My husband is working from home now. Church is online as well as our FPU (Financial Peace Universtity) class.

3. Raise your hand if you think you might run out of steam in the cooking department before it's all said and done? What's something delicious you've cooked or eaten in your own kitchen in the past week?
My son Caleb went through the freezers for me.  We have two, one is smaller and the other a little bigger.  He sorted it, threw out stuff that was old, and then we got it organized. It’s been nice to see what we have and come up with meal ideas.  Since he is home and not busy with tons of school in the evenings he cooks sometimes.  We had mini pizzas made on English muffins. I have a roast I’m looking forward to cooking in the crock pot....I had to get potatoes first to go with it, and our grocery store had some Monday.

4. What's a television show or movie you've seen recently (it could be an oldie) that you really liked?
My husband surprised me at the beginning of February with tickets to the playing of Titanic.  It was our first date we went on back in 1998.  It was special to see it again with him. It seemed there were several parts of it I didn’t remember.  I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite movie, but it was fun seeing it together again.

5. Share something funny you've seen or heard this week.


6. Insert your own random thought here.

Two things my little Titus said that made me smile (He is 4, he will be 5 on April 12, we are trying to decide what to do for his birthday. He wanted a monkey party with a piñata and banana splits!)

Earlier this evening Titus came out of the bathroom and told me he had filled up the soap dispenser because it was getting low. 
I said “Well way to stop that corona virus Titus.”
He said "I can't stop the corona virus but God can."  
Then he told us to get those big bottles of soap and put it on our hands.
—-—
Also tonight I told him we need to think about how to do his birthday party this year. I told him they may still have the limit of not meeting with more than 10. He said, “Well, we will just invite 9.”


Have a day of blessings!
Bethany
me he had filled up the soap dispenser because it was getting low.  
I said “Well way to stop that corona virus Titus.”
He said "I can't stop the corona virus but Have a day of blessings!

6 comments:

ellen b. said...

Hello Bethany, Out of the mouth of babes! Yep, only God can stop this Pandemic. It's nice to be visiting hodgepodgers again. Our grandson turns 1 on April 16th. I do hope we'll be able to get together to celebrate. We had to cancel his older sisters birthday party this past weekend. She is 3. I shared the same piggy gif! So good. Stay safe and keep the Faith!

Carrie B said...

Mini Pizzas! That's a great idea. Funny how we forget the meals we prepared when we had kiddos at home. I'm going to present the Hubby with this meal and wait for his reaction. Have a great day!

songbird's crazy world said...

I feel bad for the kids, deprived of normal activities. I hope Titus gets to celebrate his birthday

Sue said...

Your son seems so helpful, I really need to go through ours and get it organized.
Titus seems so adorable I love what he said about God stopping this virus. I wish him the most blessed and happiest birthday,
Thank you for sharing.
Sue

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad all is well with his shoulder. So glad that Caleb is helping around the house and cooking. Such a great movie!! I shared "this little piggy" too. I can't believe Titus is going to be 5! His party sounds like fun and I love his words on the virus.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

So many kids birthday parties being interrupted during this time. Hubby's is tomorrow and our son and his family will join us for dinner. Their the only folks we have direct contact with at this time. Titus sounds like a cute kid!