Thursday, February 6, 2020

Thankful Thursday

Brrrr!  We have had snow!  It doesn't happen very often so it is pretty exciting when it happens. All our phones rang Tuesday night telling us that school was cancelled for Wednesday.  It was sleeting all through the night and then snowing throughout the day Wednesday.  We had probably 5-6 inches.  The boys had such fun in it throwing snowballs and playing.  Caleb pulled Titus in my laundry basket across the snow.

Here is a picture of it.


Here is my thankful list:

~  my husband surprising me with tickets to see "Titanic."  That was our first date back in 1998!  He saw that it is showing in town and surprised me with tickets to go see it.

~ having my big boy at home two days for the snow days.  He enjoyed sleeping late and watching "Andy Griffith" and playing with his little brother.

~ hearing my little guy's excited squeals and laughter in the snow.  It was sweet!  He got sad at night and told me he didn't want it to go away.

~ the new month and our Valentine's Day countdown using our little mailboxes. We are also using a printable set of conversation hearts I found on Pinterest using the passage from I Corinthians 13.  Each night we talk about a different quality of love.  It has been great.

~ having a new way to store my wrapping paper.  I'd set the rolls leaning against the back door for the longest time.  I saw this idea on Pinterest using an over the door shoe organizer.  I got it for less than $5 in my Walmart order.  Since Caleb was home I had him cut the bottoms out of some of the containers to hold the wrap to keep it from falling.  


~ the relaxing days at home with the beautiful snow outside and a warm fire inside.

Have a day of blessings!
    Bethany

No comments: