Thursday, February 28, 2019

Thankful Thursday


Goodbye February!

Yesterday was my birthday! I am 40!   I had such a nice day, even though it was nothing like I expected!  My husband took off work. I’d planned to take Titus to the story time at the library, and my Mom was going to take me to lunch. Well Titus got sick. He was running fever when I checked him before I went to bed Tuesday night. He told us before bed his tummy hurt when he breathed but didn’t have anything else other than coughing a few times in the afternoon.  He had fever all night, and I called the pediatrician’s office first thing. I wanted him to be seen with everything going around here.
 They were able to get him in at 10.  He tested negative for flu and positive for strep.  So he is on med  now which he is taking like a big boy! I didn’t get to have lunch with my Mom, but she’d made me an angel food cake and brought it by.  It was very good!   Also I had a package by my front door from my aunt.  It was full of stickers and cards. I was so tickled by this! Two things I love and a fun surprise!

This week I am thankful for...
~ my husband and the ways he made me feel loved on my birthday. He hung a happy birthday banner and balloon and brought home cupcakes for me Tuesday night. It was nice he took off work to be with me.  He gave me the sweetest card too and a cute pair of rain boots!

~ hearing my big boy pray. It has blessed me to hear him pray and hear what is on his heart.

~ my little guy being so sweet even when he is sick.  Last night for his thankful he said getting a sticker at the doctor. Today he told me I’m sorry I’m sick.

~ feeling loved on my birthday with the surprises, cards, calls, and messages.

~ attending the service last Friday  of a sweet Christian lady who died last week.  She is healed of cancer.  She has left a wonderful example for us. This was a friend of my husband’s family, I met her through them.  We got to see his brothers and their wives also and stayed the night with his parents.

~ going to the consignment sale on Monday night and finding stuff for Titus.



Have a day of blessings!
   Bethany

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy 40th Birthday! Sorry Titus got sick and you didn't get to have your lunch with your mom. Your husband is so sweet. That must bring so much joy to your heart hearing Caleb pray. How cute Titus is loving his sticker and saying he was sorry for being sick.
Have a wonderful weekend.