Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Wednesday Medley



This is my first week to join here.  Join in Wednesday Medley by clicking here.

1.  On November 28th, 1995, President Bill Clinton ended the 55 MPH nationwide speed limit that began in 1974 as an energy saving measure during the Mid-East oil embargo.  If you are old enough to remember this (I sure am) did it make you happy?  Do you have a heavy foot when driving or does 55 MPH sound good to you?
I was 16 in 1995.  I somewhat remember when the law changed.  I go 70 on the interstate.  I often have drivers fly around me.  We used to live near I35, and it was so bad there. 

2.  You are home alone on a rainy/snowy Sunday afternoon.  What Christmas movie will you watch?
We have a family tradition to watch the cartoon "Noel."  It is on VHS and still works but I probably need to find it on DVD!  I showed it to my class when I was teaching.  Caleb rolls his eyes now when it's time to watch it.  We all know most of the lines. It is a good little story.  


3.  What is something you have tried that you will never try again? 
Hmmmm, there must be something. I cannot think what! Maybe I will think of it reading others' answers.

4.  Today is National French Toast Day!!  Will you have some?  Do you like French Toast? I haven't had any today.  I do like to eat it, but I can't eat it very often.  

5.  The Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center will be lighted today, as will the one at the White House in Washington, D.C.  Do you have your tree up and is it lighted?  Have you ever been in New York City or Washington, D.C. to see the trees all lit up during the holidays? Our tree is not up yet.  We go get a real tree each year.  I'm not sure yet when we will do that!  I have not been to see either of those trees.  I would like to see them.

6.  Tell us something random about this week of yours.
Caleb is showing chickens with FFA.  The chickens arrived today.  I will pick them up after school.  He's built a coop for them, I think we are ready to go!  My husband showed poultry in high school as well so he knows what he's doing.  (I do not!)

Have a day of blessings!
  Bethany

3 comments:

Lori said...

Hi Bethany! I would love to go to New York or D.C. also to see the Christmas lights! I think that would be so much fun. Loved your answers! Enjoy the rest of the week.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Terri D said...

Hi!! Thanks so much for joining in today!! I enjoyed your answers and hope we can follow your son's chicken project!! How cool! I really want some French Toast right now. Too many folks blogging their answers! Maybe just a teaspoon of maple syrup would satisfy the craving! LOL

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I haven't joined in on this Medley yet. I miss my Wednesday Hodgepodge. I'm stubborn that way! I haven't seen Noel, I will have to look for it. I like French Toast but haven't made any in years. I didn't watch Rockerfeller last night but my dad enjoyed watching it. Good luck with the chickens.