Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge


From this Side of the Pond  

1. What are your ingredients for a perfect Saturday?
Sleeping late in my dark room while my husband does something with the boys. 
Working together to get some house work or yard work (hubby's area) done. This may include errands in town too, it's just nice to be together on Saturdays.
Hubby fixing supper and eating together on our deck.

2. What skill do you wish more people took the time to learn?Sometimes I think people need to spend more time learning to drive!  ha!  I seem to have times more frequently when people around me aren't paying attention as they change lanes or not stopping at stop signs.

3. What's something you ate as a child you can't stand now as an adult?  
I guess I'll have to ask my Mom about this, I can't think of anything. 


4. Something parenting has taught you? If you're not a parent tell us one important lesson you learned from your own parents.  Every child is unique and what works for one won't necessarily work for the other. Another would be how time fast goes.  I have a 13 year old and a 3 year old so I have seen with the first one how quickly he becomes a teenager and will be starting high school next year.


5.  Share a favorite quote or saying about mothers or motherhood.
I have been so encouraged as a Mom by Jill Savage.  Here is one of her quotes from a book she wrote called Better Together

.


6. Insert your own random thought here.

My husband and son are going on a trip to Haiti this summer with a group from our church.  I am having a 31 party for a fund raiser.  If you are a fan of 31 and would like to look at the online catalog or place an order, let me know.  I will send you the link.  They have a GREAT special this month where you can get a large utility tote for $10 when  you spend $35.  These make great gifts for grads and weddings.  Thank you!


Have a day of blessings! 
 Bethany

8 comments:

Betty W said...

What is 31? Please send me a catalog. I always love to support a good cause. That must be so exciting for your son!

Cathy said...

I love your quote. That is so very true! So many times I felt I was totally lost and had screwed up so bad (and I probably did) but so does everyone. Sometimes it would be nice if they came with directions. lol

Unknown said...

You are not the only one who wishes people would lean to drive. I guess that is a skill that needs to be releaned. I wish your son and husband well on their trip.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to sleep in! Sometimes I get to but sleeping in is maybe 6:45 or 7, not 5:55 when we normally wake up.

Debby Ray said...

Oh...if only I was able to sleep in...my body will just not give in!

Joyce said...

I have never been one to sleep in, even as a teenager I was an early riser. In this house we get the most gorgeous sunrises over the lake, so I love to get up just before it rises and catch all the shades of pink and lilac. Happy Mother's Day to you!

Stacy said...

As a school bus driver, bad/inconsiderate/careless drivers are my number one pet peeve. You don't even want to know how many people I see on any given day texting while driving.

Prayers for safe travel for your husband and son. I am sure they will have a wonderful and eye-opening time. My husband went there on a mission trip 17 years ago and loved every minute of it...even the food, which I thought would be a deal breaker for him.

I love 31! Had I not just hosted an online party and "attended" 4 others I would order from your party. It turns out you can have too many bags. Who'd have thought it? LOL

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks like you're enjoying Wednesday Hodgepodge. It is so much fun each week! Your Saturday sounds perfect. Yes people do need to spend more time learning to drive!! I agree, the time goes by too quickly. That is a great quote. You can sent me the link, I will take a look at it.
Happy Mother's Day to you!