Monday, July 24, 2017

Heart on the Line


Today I have another wonderful read to share with you from Karen Witemeyer.  It is book #2 in the Ladies of Harper's Station series.  

About the book:
Grace Mallory is tired of running, of hiding. But when an old friend sends an after-hours telegraph transmission warning Grace that the man who has hunted her for nearly a year has discovered her location, she fears she has no choice. She can't let the villain she believes responsible for her father's death release his wrath in Harper's Station, the town that has sheltered her and blessed her with the dearest friends she's ever known.

Amos Bledsoe prefers bicycles to horses and private conversations over the telegraph wire to social gatherings with young ladies who see him as nothing more than an oddity. His telegraph companion, the mysterious Miss G, listens eagerly to his ramblings every night and delights him with tales all her own. For months, their friendship--dare he believe, courtship?--has fed his hope that he has finally found the woman God intended for him. Yet when he takes the next step to meet her in person, he discovers her life is in peril, and Amos must decide if he can shed the cocoon of his quiet nature to become the hero Grace requires.


My thoughts:
I believe I enjoy each Karen Witemeyer book a little more than the last one!  The characters and story lines are always unique and a little different from your typical historical fiction romance. When you start reading you can sort of guess what will happen but lots of unexpected things are thrown in along the way which make for a great read!  I like the characters of Heart on the Line and how the reader gets to know them.  I appreciate that the hero of the story, Amos, does not fit with the qualities of your stereotypical hero.  I thought the story line having these two "meet" over the telegraph wires was a fun idea and made for a great story.

This was a fairly quick read for me because I wanted to find out what would happen next.  This is a great series, and I highly recommend this book to you if you enjoy historical fiction.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for my honest review.  Thank you.
Have a day of blessings!
   Bethany

No comments: