Monday, February 13, 2017

Audio book: A Love Transformed


I am a big fan of Tracie Peterson and have read many of her books through the years.  I'd borrowed the first book in the Sapphire Brides series (A Treasure Concealed) from my local library and was happy to receive the audio version of book #3 for my review.

This book is called A Love Transformed.  In the beginning of this book the main character Clara is widowed.  She is not grief stricken by this though because she did not have a marriage of love to her husband.  She says she has only ever loved one man and her mother took her away from him.  She has two young children and decides to take them to Montana to her aunt and uncle's home where she spent time as a young girl. She discovers her first love there at the ranch recovering from an injury.  Her children fall in love with the ranch life and Clara has to decide whether to stay or return to her home and another loveless marriage with her late husband's brother.  Then she finds out a secret about her husband and his brother.

I enjoyed this book and the characters.  The children were delightful and I like how they were portrayed throughout the book.   I did not like Clara's mother and got annoyed with how she treated Clara and her children.

I did not see any connection with these characters and the first book of the series so it was fine to read on its own.  I recommend this book if you enjoy historical fiction.

This book was read by Melissa Hurst.  I enjoyed her voice and felt she had the right voice for this historical book.  She did a good job and made it enjoyable for me.

I received an audio version of this book from the christianaudio Reviewers Program.  Thank you!

Have a day of blessings!
   Bethany

No comments: