Thursday, February 4, 2016

Thankful Thursday


I learned this morning of the death of a young boy in our community. I'd been praying for him and reading the updates on his condition. I was surprised to hear of his death.

Things like this always make me pause longer and notice all the things for which I have to be thankful for....ordinary things that I may take for granted on other days.  Things like a runny nose to wipe, diapers to change, a call from a friend, lunch with another friend, homework time, our routine, messages from my Mom through the day.

This week I'm thankful for...

~ a love note from my husband. Such sweet words that encouraged my heart to read.

~ talks and hugs with my big boy. He's growing up so fast.

~ funny faces my sweet boy makes when he copies us. It is so cute.

~ going to a coloring club at a local library. It was very relaxing, and I met two new ladies.

~ friends I have in my life.

~ that he microwave went out when my husband was home and not when I was here by myself with Titus.

Have a day of blessings!

2 comments:

Denise said...

bless you dear

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So sorry to hear about the young boys passing. Keeping his family in my prayers. Yes we have so many things to be thankful for. Your list is great this week. The coloring sounds like a fun time!