Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Some thoughts on Better Together


One of the chapters in the book I'm reading (Better Together) talks about how as Moms we do things differently.  This does not mean our way is the only right way of doing something and everyone else is wrong. It just means they may do things differently than we do.

I was thinking how this could apply to any relationship. When my son was cooking supper, I came behind him and stirred the meat. He had the skillet turned with the handle opposite of how I place it on the burner because he is left handed. It didn't mean it was wrong to do it that way even though I would never do it like that.

As I stirred the meat I thought back to this quote and how easy it is to criticize something that someone does differently than me.  Why did you do it that way?  Why would you think that was a good way to do that task?  I may not say these things out loud, but I do often have these thoughts.

This has been a good reminder to me to realize that doing something differently does not make the other person wrong.

Have a day of blessings!
 

2 comments:

Denise said...

amen, very true

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like I need this book. I always want my family to do things my way!