Wednesday, December 3, 2014
1. What is something in your life right now that feels a little 'hodgepodge'? We have the floor done in the baby's room and Caleb's room. But that is as far as we've gotten. I've sorted clothes out of Caleb's dresser that no longer fit and those are in separate piles. Plus we are getting a new wall book shelf from The Container Store so Caleb's books off his other book shelf are still in tubs in the baby's room.
2. What does 'peace on earth, goodwill to men' mean to you? Being kind to others.
3. Which edible treat you are most looking forward to sampling this December? There are so many! I love my Mom's Christmas cookies and was thinking of those today. Caleb told me he can't wait to dip pretzels and peanuts in chocolate, we will be doing that soon.
4. It's that most wonderful time of the year...do you agree, and if so why is it so wonderful? If not, what would you say is the most wonderful time of the year? Yes I think it is a wonderful time of year just because of all the memories associated with the holidays and the traditions. I know it is a very hard time of year for many people who have lost loved ones so I try to remember it's not necessarily "wonderful" for everyone.
5. What was the last word you looked up in a dictionary (actual or online) and why? This morning I did a search of a word (don't know how to spell it now) online that was on the doctor's report from the ultrasound.
6. Besides a Christmas tree, what is your favorite thing to decorate this time of year? Probably the mantle and the bar. I like putting out my little Precious Moments Nativity with Caleb.
7. Share one thing you've learned (about yourself, people, or anything at all) in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, or through blogging in general. Blogging is a nice community of people, and I've met some nice friends through blogging as well as through the Hodgepodge. I don't participate every week in the Hodgepodge but the questions are always interesting and make me think!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We had our big ultrasound last Friday and got good news. The doctor said our baby is perfectly healthy. We are very thankful, and it was fun to see the baby again on the screen. It is amazing to me to see all the parts so clearly formed already. We were amazed to watch the screen as the technician was checking the heart and telling us all the different organs.
Have a day of blessings!