Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thankful Thursday

I suppose things have been busy the past week as I haven't blogged for a week now.   I guess May is a busy time of year with all the end of school stuff happening.  I have been at the school volunteering and subbing two half days too.

Today is my Meemaw's birthday.  I miss her so much!  I'm thankful for her and the difference she made in my life.  Also I'm thankful for all the memories we share and that Caleb knew her so well.

This week I am thankful for...
~ my loving husband who is always doing things to be helpful like wash the dishes and make the bed.  I'd changed the sheets and remembered when Caleb was going to bed that I'd put the clean ones back on his bed but had not put new ones on our bed.  When I went in our bedroom though it had already been done.

~ my boy working hard and studying to become a licensed amateur radio operator.  He passed his technician exam on Saturday and is soooooo excited about it.  We are so proud of him for sticking with it and studying and learning the material.  The test is 35 questions out of a study pool of 396.  Daddy passed the test in March and Caleb wasn't ready to test then so he waited till the May exam to test.  They have a handheld radio and like to listen and try to make contacts on it.  I think this will be a great lesson for him as he gets older to remember how hard he studied and worked for this and was successful.

~ rain.  We had a storm Wednesday night as we were getting ready for bed and woke up Thursday morning to hail hitting our windows.  Plus we got a short rain shower Wednesday afternoon after school.  After it quit Caleb changed clothes and practiced his spelling words sitting in a puddle and then rolling in the muddy water on the driveway.

~  my Mom and the other special women I have in my life.  I'm thankful for my Mom and the relationship we have.  There are so many women who have a special place in my heart that I think of on Mother's Day this Sunday as well.

~ our ac working.  We turned it on Sunday  night I guess it was and it didn't seem to be cooling.  Thankfully the repairman was able to get it cooling quickly without trouble.  It is already hot here, and I'm glad it is working properly!

Have a day of blessings!
 

1 comment:

Denise said...

Happy Birthday to your dear angel meemaw. Have a wonderful mother's day, love you.