Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thankful Thursday

The last Thursday of March is here.  I was thinking today how can it be nearly April.  The warm days have been nice. 

This week I am thankful for...

~ my sweet husband and his continuous encouragement.  He is such a blessing.  Plus, this week he took off early one day so he could pick up our boy while I was at a continuing ed workshop. 

~ my wonderful boy.  He is growing so much I notice and getting so tall.  He came home this week with an "application" to work at the school store.  This is run by the 5th graders and the secretary told me they wanted to train a couple 4th graders so they would be ready to run the store next year.  They get to practice and learn about it at the end of this year. I can't imagine that he will be a 5th grader so soon!

~ listening to a great audio book called Covenant Child by Terri Blackstock.  I borrowed this from the library, and it is a great story about twin girls who are taken away from their widowed stepmother as three year olds and given to their only living relatives--their mother's parents. Their stepmother Amanda really loves the girls and wants them to live with her as she promised their dad she would care for them. The grandparents truly do not care anything about the girls, they are only interested in them because of the money they know they will inherit one day.  Such a great story, I didn't want it to end. 

~ our clean closet and bedroom.  My husband both worked on it Saturday and I worked on my side also.  It is nice to have it all cleaned out! And I got rid of some stuff too in the process and already took dropped it off at donation center.

~ that it is warm enough to be outside. Our clothes on the line dried really quickly today. I thought I needed to put on shorts! I enjoy those days.

Have a day of blessings!

No comments: