It's the first Thursday of the new year. We are enjoying a few more days of vacation before Caleb returns to school. My husband went back to work this week.
This week I am thankful for...
* my husband's knowledge and his desire to keep learning new things. I appreciate this about him.
* fun days at home with my boy. Today I told him I needed to organize our bathroom towel cabinet. He asked if he could clean the bathroom. Of course I said yes! I like having him home. We have read together and are going to work on our thank you cards for Christmas gifts too.
* protection while driving. We ran errands on Monday. I was stopped at a red light. I glanced down at my receipt to see if the coupon was taken off. I saw the light had turned green, and as I moved my foot from the brake to the accelerator a large white truck zoomed through the intersection. All the other vehicles were stopped. I was thankful I was not in the middle of that intersection.
* trying new recipes. I have never made black eyed peas so I made some yesterday. I also tried a new cornbread. Both were good. One of my goals is to make and try new recipes and foods this year.
* getting caught up to normal on our laundry. I felt behind for a while after our travels and feel caught up now. I'm glad we have a washing machine and dryer to use when it is too cold to hang the clothes on the line.
Have a day of blessings!