Wednesday, October 2, 2013
1. What's one thing you learned in September?
Check the temperature on the recipe before cooking a cake for the fair. :)
2. Acorn squash, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, yellow squash, zucchini squash, or blech! hold the squash....what's your favorite squash? What's your favorite way to prepare your favorite squash?
I have always loved yellow squash from the garden. We used to have a lot all through the summer. My Mom always made up recipes using squash. I love fried squash or "squashed squash" as I call it. It is just boiled and then mashed up with butter, salt, and pepper. Last summer we grew zucchini and I enjoyed using it in bread.
3. The older I get the_______________________________. The older I get the more I realize how quickly time passes.
4. What's your favorite television theme song ever? I used to pretend I was Laura when "Little House on the Prairie" came on, running around the living room like she was running down the hill. I liked the "Facts of Life' theme song and the one from "Full House."
5. What do you wish you'd spent more time doing five years ago? Five years ago my boy would have been 4 so I would saying doing more things with him before he started school.
6. What item do you most need (or want) to add to your wardrobe this fall? Probably a new pair of jeans. I have a good variety of shorts and capris and not as many jeans that fit.
7. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts cartoon was introduced to the world. What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid? Family Circus
8. Insert your own random thought here. My husband and I had a great time this weekend at the Steven Curtis Chapman concert. Also with him were Laura Story and Jason Gray. All three shared such touching, encouraging stories. The concert was amazing! SCC and Laura Story both have new CDs out this week, both are so wonderful and uplifiting.
Have a day of blessings!