Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I loved the chapter on gratitude in "You'll Get Through This" by Max Lucado. 
"Gratitude gets us through the hard stuff.  To reflect on your blessings is to rehearse God's accomplishments.  To rehearse God's accomplishments is to discover his heart.  To discover his heart is to discover not just good gifts but the Good Giver.  Gratitude always leaves us looking at God and away from the dread.  It does to anxiety what the morning sun does to valley mist.  It burns it up."

We are a family that has been affected by the government shutdown.  My husband has been home for three days now.  We don't know what is going to happen or how long this will last. 

But we've had peace in the situation.  We've seen that things can change quickly and still God is in control and takes care of us. 

This week I'm thankful for...
~ my husband.  He is wonderful and I love him so much and am thankful for our relationship and his wisdom and example in trusting God.  And we have enjoyed our time together with him home this week.  We went on a walk one morning, and he has helped with the household work and supper. 

~  my sweet boy telling me his after school stories.  I'm so glad I get to be the ones to hear them and listen to his frustrations as well as his happiness about his day.

~ the wonderful blessing of seeing Steven Curtis Chapman in concert last weekend along with Jason Gray and Laura Story.  The songs really blessed me.  We bought the CD pack they had on sale and the songs are so uplifting. 

~ the nice fall weather.  I loved feeling the breeze as I hung our clothes on the line.   

~ joining an online group through a blog called Hope Mommies.  The group is for Moms who have lost a child, and I look forward to participating over the next few weeks as we get close to what would have been our due date.

Have a day of blessings!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this is amazing, thanks for sharing.
mine are here
http://ussminnow1964.blogspot.com/2013/10/thankful-thursday.html

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I was just talking with my sister yesterday about gratitude. Life can be very hard but I am so thankful for all that He has given to me. So sorry to hear about your husbands job.