Wednesday, August 7, 2013
I've missed the past couple of weeks with the Wednesday Hodgepodge and had time to jump back in this week.
1. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week...what's one thing you could do this week to qualify as a participant? We are getting ready for Caleb's birthday party so things have been busier than normal this week!
2. It's also National Peach Month...peach pie, peach cobbler, or please pour me a Bellini? What's your peach pleasure? Peach pie sounds good!
3. Eleanor Roosevelt once wrote, "Do one thing every day that scares you." Agree or disagree...explain. I've never heard this, must not be a popular quote. I disagree! I guess sometime it would be okay to try something new that scares you but not daily!
4. What's your favorite household chore? Yes-you have to name one. There are several I actually like and enjoy. One I enjoy most is hanging the clothes out on the line. It feels relaxing to me.
5. Fodors recently listed (what they've dubbed) the ten most beautiful sunset spots in America. Click here to read more and see the pretty pictures, but this is their list:
Butterfly Beach in Santa Monica CA, Mount Haleakala in Maui HI, Old Fort Marcy Park in Santa Fe NM, Laguna Beach CA, Hopi Point in Grand Canyon AZ, Four Seasons in Miami FL, Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica CA, Gay Head in Martha's Vineyard MA, Ensign Peak in Salt Lake City UT, and Mallory Square in Key West Florida.
Have you seen the sun set from any of these spots? If you could choose to watch the sun set this weekend from one spot on the Fodors List, which would you choose? Where was the prettiest sunset you've ever seen? No I have not been to any of these places. I'd like to see the sunset in Hawaii. I think the sunsets here are pretty with the wide open spaces.
6. What's your favorite or most used app? If you don't use apps how about your favorite or most visited website? My most visited websites are Yahoo mail, Blogger, Facebook, and Pinterest.
7. We've recently passed the halfway mark for 2013...write a seven word sentence that sums up your year thus far. We lost two grandparents and one baby.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's been a fun summer and is winding down now as we are to August. I have missed the Hodgepodge the last two weeks. Also I wanted to share that I had a post at Laced With Grace yesterday called Are you hurting? if you'd like to read it. Last week I guest posted over at Becoming Titus 2 Women. Thanks to Heather for asking me.
Have a day of blessings!