Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I have learned over the past few years to prepare myself for August 1 because it is often a hard day for me.  It may not always be on the first but usually within the week I'll have a really hard day.  August is full of memories for me, some happy some sad.  I'll write more about that next week.

Today I am thankful for...
~ my husband starting to feel a little better.  He had a terrible sore throat on Tuesday morning and it got worse as the day progressed.  He decided to go to the doctor Wednesday morning.  They gave him medicine for strep.  He still felt pretty bad last night but said today he could tell he was feeling better.

~  my boy coming up with a cute invitation for his birthday party.  I usually make up something and then show him.  His theme for his birthday this year is a detective party and I was at a loss of what he really wanted.    I looked on Pinterest but didn't see anything we really loved.  I showed him some clip art I found, and he told me where to put it and what to write on the invitation.  We had fun working on it together, and they turned out so cute. 

~ spending time with our family over the weekend.  We had a little birthday party for my brother in law at my other brother in law's house.  I enjoyed seeing with my 2 nieces, one nearly 4 years and the other one 3 months.

~  a great time at a water park on Saturday.  It was so much fun!  We went after 4 so got the half price admission rate and stayed till the park closed at 8.  Then we grabbed Caleb some Chick fil a and we shared a plate and sopapillas at one of our favorite Mexican food restaurants! 

~ being able to be inside in the air conditioning.  It has been mostly 100 degrees here this week.  I see men out working on the roads in the heat of the day, and it makes me thankful for being in an air conditioned car going to my air conditioned house.


Have a day of blessings!

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Good post. Always a great idea to focus on the things we are thankful for. Sorry about August. ((HUGS))