Monday, July 22, 2013

Stealing the Preacher

 
Today I'd like to share with you Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer.  If you have not read anything yet by this author,  you should!  I have read all of her books and have enjoyed each one.  This one is a great read!

About the book: 
A cowboy who wants to be a preacher. An outlaw's daughter who wants to change his mind.

On his way to interview for a position at a church in the Piney Woods of Texas, Crockett Archer can't believe it when he's forced off the train by an outlaw and presented to the man's daughter as the preacher she requested for her birthday. He's determined to escape--which would be much easier if he could stop thinking about Joanna Robbins and her unexpected request.

For months, Joanna had prayed for a minister. A man to breathe life back into the abandoned church at the heart of her community. A man to assist her in fulfilling a promise to her dying mother. But just when it seems her prayers have been answered, it turns out the parson is there against his will and has dreams of his own calling him elsewhere. Is there any way she can convince Crockett he ended up right where he was supposed to be?

My thoughts:
I was happy to read more about Crockett, one of the Archer brothers introduced in a previous book.  I thought this book had a unique, creative plot with Joanna's father (Silas) being a former outlaw and stealing Crockett from a train.  I enjoyed both Joanna and Crockett and felt like I could relate to Silas actually as he learned more about God and his need for Him.  The conflict at the end was unexpected for me as I would never have imagined what happened, but I thought it was a good addition to the story.  I'll leave it at that so I do not spoil the story!  I was glad to read a little bit here and there about the other Archer brothers too.  This is another great book by Karen Witemeyer, and I look forward to more books from her. 

One more thing... I really like the cover and the pretty dress on the model.  Also, as a reader I would enjoy having a book in the future about Jackson.  I thought he would be a great main character. 

Have a day of blessings!

I received this book from Bethany House for my honest review.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Jackson was great, wasn't he? :D And isn't that cover so lovely? I loved that the dress matches one Joanna wears in the story.

I thought this was a really sweet story. Happy you enjoyed it too! :)