Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. What do you think makes a good dad?  patience, good example, loves their Mom, good listener, enjoys children, willing to make children priority over work or hobbies, protector

2. What's something you learned from your own father?  He was my Sunday School teacher for several years, and I remember him telling us how important it was to read something from the Bible each day.  There were many other things but this came to mind first.

3. It's your birthday-what kind of cake will we be having?  Chocolate please!  Texas sheet cake is really good. OR I'll also take angel food cake with fluffy white icing!

4. When you're faced with a big decision are you more of a go with your gut type of person, or are you someone who reasons it all out, weighing the pros and cons? I definitely reason it all out, and it takes me a very long time to make decisions.

5. June is National Dairy Month. What's your favorite dairy item? Most often purchased dairy item?  My favorite dairy item is ice cream.  I don't drink milk or eat yogurt.  My most often purchased dairy item is probably cheese. 

6. Explorer Jacques Cousteau was born on June 11, 1910....what's something you've recently discovered or something you'd like to explore?  How about the USS Lexington....seeing how my boy wants to explore this ship I'd like to explore it with him.  :)

7. Are you typical of your generation?  Hmmmm, I'd like to hear what people who know me in real life say about this one!  I'd say no.  I'm not the first to try new things or get the latest gadget.  I don't know what is typical of my generation to compare too though.  

8. Insert your own random thought here.   This week I would have been 20 weeks pregnant.  Sometimes it feels like a dream that I was even pregnant part of this year.

Have a day of blessings!

5 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Everyone is saying chocolate today except me! My husband loves chocolate sheet cake and the Pioneer Women has a great one.

((HUGS)) My heart hurts with you.

Kathy said...

I'm stopping by from the Hodgepodge, and I enjoyed reading your answers.

So sorry about your lost pregnancy. I know that has to be tough...

Jill said...

I'm so sorry about your miscarriages! I've had two as well. I'll be praying for you!

Clairity said...

No. 7 is a hard question. It's difficult to say what's typical LOL.

Joyce said...

I made Texas sheet cake cupcakes for my hubs birthday in September, and they were one of the best things I've ever eaten! Definitely will make those again. thinking of you as you grieve these milestones