Wednesday, May 8, 2013
2. National Teacher's Day is celebrated in the US of A on the first Tuesday in May, this year May 7th...share how a particular teacher positively impacted you. I had so many good teachers. I was talking with a friend today about the way a teacher's attitude impacts the students' attitude about the subject material. One example is my seventh grade history teacher who made Texas history so enjoyable for me, and I still remember some of the stuff he taught me.
3. What's a dish your mama made, that if set in front of you today would whisk you right back to childhood? The first thing that came to mind is funny. My Mom would make one type of Hamburger Helper, and I remember eating it on bread with cream corn mixed in. Very funny memory because it sounds weird to me now!
4. Mother May I was a game we played when I was growing up...no pieces, parts, or plugs required. What games from childhood do you remember loving that were also pieces, parts, and plug-free? I played like my bedroom window was a fast food drive thru. I'd pretend to take orders and raise and lower the window. Sometimes I'd write the orders on a note pad and type them in to a calculator to give a total.
5. Besides your own mother, tell us about a woman who influenced you as a child? There have been several. Today is my Meemaw's birthday, and I have many memories of her. For most of my childhood she lived about 6 hours away from us. I always looked forward to going to see her.
6. Mamma Mia! What's the best play or musical you've ever seen? In high school we went to New York and saw some Broadway plays. I can't even remember which ones we saw...I think "Stomp," "Les Mis," and "Beauty and the Beast." It hasn't been THAT long since high school, but it's funny to me I can't really remember them!
7. What are three smells that make you feel nostalgic? new crayons, new books, rain
8. Insert your own random thought here. I went to the doctor for a follow up today, and she thought I was healing up after the miscarriage. I've had a lot of "firsts" the past couple of days, and those have been difficult. Then it gets a little easier. I am feeling better and am glad of that.
Have a day of blessings!