Wednesday, May 15, 2013
1. May is National Blood Pressure Month...what sends yours soaring, either literally or figuratively? What calms you down? When did you last have your bp checked? On April 19 before my ultrasound my blood pressure was soaring. That was the day I was waiting to find out if everything was okay with our baby. :( (And then we found out our sad news)
My husband and my Mom have always had a calming effect on me. Singing songs and praying helps me too. I had my bp checked again last Wednesday at another appointment.
2. You just found $1-what do you spend it on? How about 10$ 100? The $1 I might spend on a Sonic slush. I'd be highly likely though just to save any amount I found.
3. Mandatory labeling of genetically engineered (GE) food has been proposed, but not enacted in the US. How much attention do you give food labels before you buy? Are you in favor of labeling if it means an increase in food prices? Is this an issue you've been following and feel strongly about, or is this the first you've heard of the controversy? Honestly I have not paid much attention to this so I do not feel really strongly about it right now. I read food labels sometimes.
4. May 15th marks the birthdate of Frank Baum, author of The Wizard of Oz. At this point in time, are you more in need of brains, courage, heart, or a trip back home? Explain. Our senior year we did The Wizard of Oz for our musical in choir. Of those things I guess I would say I need courage.
5. "There's no place like home" is an oft repeated line from Baum's book. When was the last time you felt the truth of that statement? We were gone to my cousin's graduation over the weekend and it was nice to get home and out of the car! We had a great time at the graduation (minus my Mom getting sick) and enjoyed seeing my cousin receive her Master's degree. It was a 4 hour drive plus an hour to my Mom's who rode with us so it was nice to get back home after all that riding.
6. Steak...yes please or no thank you? What cut do you prefer and how do you like yours cooked? Sauce or no sauce? Besides your own kitchen, where's a place you like to go to get a great steak? Yes I do enjoy steak, I don't know what cut, but I like it well done. I don't like to use sauce, the only "sauce" I've ever dipped steak in would be ketchup. I don't know that I've ever ordered steak at a restaurant. My husband does sometimes at Texas Roadhouse.
7. When was the last time you were in a genuine hurry? Last week when I went to the doctor I was not sure where I was going and had left the paper at home where I'd written the address. I was off a street so I had to call the office and then was put on hold. By then it was appointment time. I had called my husband and he called back and looked it up for me. I did find it and they were nice about my lateness!
8. Insert your own random thought here. I am excited to share on my blog the necklace I bought. I plan to do a post for Friday about it, and I'd like o have a giveaway to the Etsy shop where I purchased it.
Have a day of blessings!