1. April showers bring May flowers...what have you been showered with this month?
Definitely love and compassion. See my previous post about our loss this past week. Everyone has been so kind to us. All the expressions of love this week have brought me to tears several times.
2. What is the nature of compassion? Is it learned or innate? Can compassion be learned? If you're a parent is this something you've purposely sought to instill in your children, and if so how? As I said in #1, we have witnessed so much compassion this week. I think some people are more compassionate than others....particularly if you have been where the other person is so you may have more compassion for people facing certain difficulties since you can relate. As Christians we are supposed to show that compassion to others. I think parents should model compassion for their children. I try to do this with Caleb, and I feel he has a sensitive heart to the pains of others.
3. Do you prefer to watch romantic comedy or romantic drama...or are you rolling your eyes saying bring on the action flicks? Romantic comedy I guess. It's been a while since I've watched one.
4. It's April which means baseball season is officially upon us here in the US of A. Humphrey Bogart is quoted as saying "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." Agree or Disagree? I don't really love to eat hot dogs and we don't go to baseball games, but I suppose if I was at a game a hot dog might taste better there, just because it is part of the experience. Kind of like eating a corn dog at the State Fair...they just taste better there! I like roast beef much better than hot dogs though.
5. What's something in your community or city that needs fixing or improving? From some of the recent decisions I've read about in the paper, I'm thinking we need a new city council.
6. Share a song you enjoy that mentions flowers or a specific flower in its title. I think this is going to be one of those questions where nothing comes to my brain all day and then when I read other responses I'll say "oh yeah, didn't think of that one." I did a search of song titles and didn't know the biggest majority. One title did remind me of a praise song...."Above All" by Michael W. Smith. One of the lines says
Like a Rose trampled on the ground
You took the fall and thought of me
7. April 22nd is Earth Day...do you believe there's life on other planets? That wasn't the question you were expecting was it? I've never really given it much thought.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Thank you for all the kind comments left on yesterday's post. I appreciate it so much.
Have a day of blessings!