The Wednesday Hodgepodge is back this week after being on "spring break" last week!
1. Share one fun thing you did last week, while the Hodgepodge was on 'spring break'.
I watched some free continuing education webinars online.
2. April 10th is National Sibling Day...do you have siblings, and if so are you close? Share a favorite story featuring one or all of your siblings. If you don't have siblings, did you ever wish you did? I am an only child. I have a cousin who is 9 years younger than me, and I always thought we could be sisters. :) I don't remember ever wishing I had siblings.
3. Is it important to you to 'buy American'? Why or why not? How much of an effort do you make to 'buy American'? If you're not American, insert your own country in the blank. I do like to buy American made products but haven't not searched or gone to great effort to do so.
4. Besides The Bible, what book has impacted your spirituality in some way?
I have read several mothering books by Jill Savage and those have all blessed me as a Mom. Also Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers is one I've read and would like to read again.
5. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Do you find rainy days calming or depressing? When were you last caught in a rainstorm? What's blooming in your neck of the woods today? It is calming to me to have a rainy day. I like the sounds of the rain coming down. My husband and I were driving home one weekend a few weeks ago, and it started pouring on us. There was some hail too. It passed quickly though and we were on our way. Tuesday the temperature here was in the low 90s and this morning it was 33. We had a big rain storm last night too.
6. What's your favorite yellow food?Corn
7. April is National Poetry Month...what's a poem that holds special meaning for you, and why is it special? My husband has written poems for me and those always make me smile to reread them.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have a doctor appointment today to have a spot on my leg checked. I pray it is nothing. It has been there a while and I want to get it checked out.
Have a day of blessings!