Friday, March 1, 2013

Another birthday!

On March 1, 1988 I was in third grade.  My Mom was volunteering at the school.  The office buzzed our class for her to come to the office for a phone call.  Her sister was going to the hospital to have a baby.  I told my Mom to tell her to wait till I got there to have the baby!  Some time after 6 p.m. my cousin was born. 

It is hard to believe that was 25 years ago.  I have been reminiscing today as I now have a 3rd grader of my own and was volunteering at his school today. 

I'm thankful for my cousin!  I have so many wonderful memories of our time together.   Since our birthdays were only a day apart, we celebrated together.  When I got my license I would pick her up after school and we'd have a snack, sometimes with Peepaw, and some days I'd take her to her gymnastics practice.  If we went home, I'd pull into our driveway and get out to get the mail.  When I'd get back to my car she'd be in the driver's seat and would want to drive up to the house.  We had many sleepovers and went on many trips together through the years as well as camping trips at the State Park.  In the summers we would use our summer passes to go bowling and then to get a snowcone.  When I went to college, she would send me cards in the mail telling me she missed me.  When I got married, she was my maid of honor. 

Now she is finishing up an internship at a school and will graduate with her Master's Degree in May.  I'm so proud of her and know she will touch many children's lives.  I love you Chel!  I'm thankful you are part of my life.

Have a day of blessings!

No comments: