Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday

We are enjoying our summer!  Today is Thankful Thursday.  What are you thankful for today? 
Today I am thankful for...

~ a husband who is a wonderful provider for our family.  He deals with so much at work.  As he was talking about his meeting this week, I just listened and realized all the stuff he has to put up with daily that I often don't think about.  I'm thankful for him and for his job and for his ability to do what he does.  And he brought me roses last week.  I don't know if I put that on here last week or not!

~ my sweet boy who is such a reader.  He has read so many books this summer!  He really likes mysteries and Boxcar Children books.  One day last week he told me the words were getting blurry.  He had read for too long I think.  I'm glad he enjoys reading so much!  I can so relate to his not wanting to put down a book.  I'm the same way. 

~ enjoying some time at my Mom's house for a couple of days.  We stayed for two days, and we had more planned for the second day that didn't get done because I had a pain in my neck so I spent most of the day not doing too much.  It was still nice to be there for a little bit.  It felt like a little mini-vacation for me for her to cook for us.  :) 

~ the special memories I uncovered while going through tubs in a closet at my Mom's.  I found letters from my great grandmother.  Maybe I got my letter writing from her (and my Mom).  It was so special to see her handwriting again and read her words.  Also I found a history of my Peepaw's life that he had written up.  It made me cry to see the note he'd written with my name in his handwriting.

~ receiving books to review in the mail.  I had another one I was expecting come today.  Monday there were some surprise ones that I enjoyed and will review soon. 

Have a day of blessings!

No comments: