Sunday, July 31, 2011

31 days of prayer for our schools


It is hard to believe it is the end of July!!  Where has summer gone?  Caleb told me before bed the other night that it feels like summer went by in 2 seconds.  I totally agree.

I'd like to invite you to join me in praying for our schools during the month of August.  I will provide a new item to focus on in prayer throughout this month.  I have made a schedule and pretty much have the month filled up already.  The 4 main areas we will pray about are: people at the school, teachers, students, and college students.  This is where I am focusing and each day will be about one particular person or idea. 

It is my goal to have a post each morning for each prayer request.  I hope to write a short post to give you some ideas of things to pray. 

This is the first time I've done something like this, and I believe it will be a learning experience (as anything is when you do it for the first time).  I have been reminded of the power of prayer and feel strongly that our schools desperately need prayer.  What better time to join together in prayer than at the beginning of August and the start of a new school year? 

Please join me Monday morning (August 1) for the first posted prayer request and feel free to ask others to join us in praying.  Thank you. 

Have a day of blessings!

Image by Cool Text: Logo and Button Generator - Create Your Own Logo

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

This is such a good idea, Bethany. Boy our schools certainly need a lot of prayer. It's hard to believe it's time for school to start again.
Blessings,
Charlotte