Monday, December 13, 2010

Audio book: Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado

I had the privilege of listening to the audio version of a book called Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado. It was provided through the reviewer's program at christianaudio.

I had previously read this book and posted my review here. When I saw the audio version available, I knew I'd enjoy hearing it because I had enjoyed reading it so much. It was one I wanted to read again anyway and I figured I could learn something new by hearing it.

This book focuses on how we should be living our Christian lives...caring for others, seeing the needs of people, and praying to name a few. It is based on the book of Acts. It is very thought provoking for the listener and causes you to think about how you are living compared with how Christians really should live. I appreciate the real-life examples given by the author of people who are living out their faith in real-world situations.

The narrator, Dan Butler, was interesting to hear overall. At times I found his voice to be a bit monotone. He did a nice job reading this book and gave me the feeling he understood what he was reading, making it personal and not just words he was reading.

Have a day of blessings!

The audio version was provided through christianaudio Reviewers Program.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there! I saw your review for Lucado and wanted to tell you that he has a free online Christmas devotional if you are interested: http://bit.ly/aHuGBz

Great site by the way!

sister sheri said...

My sis has been listening to the audiobook and raves about it... guess I need to get listening, too!