Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. What's a task you do on a regular (or semi-regular basis) that feels like it should be an Olympic event? 
Changing the sheets on the bed!

2. What's in the trunk of your car right now? 

I have a van and this is what was in the back today when I was unloading groceries..random plastic sacks I need to take to recyling, the rolling tote we use to take the donations to the Blessing Box to our church on Sundays, also saw some cups/water bottles that need to be thrown away.

3. Summer foods vs. fall foods...which do you prefer? 

Would you rather-watermelon or caramel apple? iced coffee or pumpkin spiced latte? potato salad or sweet potato casserole? barbecued ribs or roast turkey? ice cream sandwich or apple pie? corn on the cob or candy corn? 

Summer food!

My picks:  
caramel apple (especially if it is sliced and has various toppings to put with the caramel)
neither
potato salad...not a huge fan but a little is okay
roast turkey

apple pie

corn on the cob

I guess I picked more fall foods that summer on this list.  

4. August 7th is National Lighthouse Day. Have you visited any lighthouses? Do you have a favorite? Is a lighthouse something you seek out if you're visiting an area known for theirs? 

I love lighthouses.  We had them as decorations (wall art, etc) in the beginning of our marriage.  We have fewer now but still have some.  We went to one when we were in Florida on our 20th anniversary trip.  I would love to go visit more! 



5. Light at the end of the tunnel, out like a light, give the green light, a lightbulb moment, in a new light, in the limelight...of the 'light' idioms listed which applies in some way to your life lately? Explain. 

Lightbulb moment.....I found a new quilt pattern last night and had a lightbulb moment of using some of my leftover strips from another quilt for this pattern...if I have enough.  I found the bag of scraps and need to look at the pattern to see how much more I'd need.  

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I had a meeting about PTO plans for the school year this week.  I guess that means school will be starting soon!  We have a couple more weeks.

Have a day of blessings! 
 Bethany

2 comments:

Joyce said...

It seems nobody enjoys changing sheets. The mattresses are so thick now it takes two to lift them. Hope you have a good school year!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Several of us mentioned the sheets. Enjoyed reading your answers. I love the lighthouse. Good luck with your quilt.