Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. What are you currently juggling in your life? 
Things have slowed down so much that I feel now it is just normal things I'm juggling....end of school year traditions/activities, summer planning, and regular household stuff.  

2. How often do you buy new clothes? What was the last piece of clothing you purchased? 
I don't buy something new for myself very often.  I usually go with a purpose in mind of a dress for a certain occasion/event.  I have bought several new things lately for the wedding and bridal shower.  I think the last piece of clothing I bought was a 4th of July tee sold through the school!  

3. What food festival would you most like to attend? If you need help here are links to some of the bigger and more popular food events around the world-

Ten Food Festivals Worth Traveling To Find

2024 Best Food And Drink Festivals And Events In The US

20 Popular Food Festivals Around The World In 2024 For Your Unconditional Love Of Food

I've never considered going to a food festival.  Here is Texas there are many small towns that have big festivals centered around some type of food.....bbq cook offs are popular!  


Pizza Fest would be fun but I have no plans to go to Italy!  


4. May is the 5th month of the year. Tell us something you remember about your 5th grade year. 

I loved my teacher Mrs. Kelly.  At the end of the school year we had a talent show in our class.  I don't remember what I did.

5. What are your favorite five words right now? 

rest: It feels good to have down time currently as school is winding down and baseball is done.

words: I've been listening to a podcast series on words so I've been thinking a lot about words lately so interesting this was a question!  This is the podcast, they are on youtube too.... Marriage After God

home: Not having somewhere to be every night! 

summer: Having my boy home and not setting the alarm!

marriage (see #6)

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

My husband and I finished Re Engage with our church group.  It was 14 weeks of classes.  It was work and not necessarily easy but the benefits have been worth it.  We highly recommend this for marriages....doesn't matter how long you've been married or what your level of satisfaction is currently in  your marriage....you can always learn and grow.  Classes are offered at various churches.  I'm glad our church hosted this. 


Have a day of blessings! 
 Bethany

5 comments:

Allstarme79 said...

That marriage class sounds nice. My hubs and I feel very close lately because I've been going through some career change stuff but I am sure we could benefit from something like that.

ellen b. said...

Hi Bethany, sounds nice to just have to juggle normal things. Your re-engage course does sound purposeful and beneficial. We had a great 2 day marriage conference and even that was helpful. I think I've heard of re-engage from my brother's church in Dallas called Watermark. Hope you have a peaceful Memorial Day weekend.

Mary said...

My husband & I went on a Marriage Encounter Weekend when our youngest was a baby. It was the best thing we could have ever done.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

My husband would love a BBQ festival. That pizza one sounds good to me! Those are good words you picked. So glad you took that class. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.

Kirstin said...

I enjoyed your answers...I'll have to check out that podcast.