Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Tell us anything you want about your January. 
We had a very mild January. I saw on the news that a couple of days were even record highs in the mid 80s.  That changed this week as we have been iced in!  School was cancelled Monday/Tuesday and we already got the call about no school on Wednesday.  Much more ice is expected through the night.  
I'm thankful we have a fire place, electricity, plenty of food, and can stay inside.  My husband is able to work from home too.  

2. Lake Superior State University posts a list each year of words they think should be banished from the Queen's English for misuse, overuse, and/or general uselessness. The 2023 list includes GOAT, inflection point, quiet quitting, gaslighting, moving forward, amazing, Does that make sense?, irregardless, absolutely, and it is what it is.

Which of these words/phrases do you use regularly? Which of these words would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word/phrase not on the list you'd like to add? 

I haven't heard of several of these.  The ones I use regularly: amazing, Does that make sense, and sometimes it is what it is.

Irregardless is one that I could do without, it seems it is misused sometimes or thrown in there when it's not needed.  

3. February 2nd is Groundhog Day. What's something that feels repeated in your life right now? 

Being on our third day at home....see answer to question 1 for explanation.  

4. What's a food you love that's named after a place?

I don't know if I "love" it but I do enjoy Brussels sprouts.

5. What's the best season of the year to visit your city or your part of the country? Tell us why. 

Spring is wonderful temperature wise and also you can see the pretty wildflowers growing along our Texas highways.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

My husband and I got to go to the marriage retreat hosted by our church.  It was such a nice weekend with other couples and to be away together.  I'm so glad our church does this and helps us be intentional about setting aside this time to invest in our marriages.  


Have a day of blessings!
 Bethany

3 comments:

Joyce said...

I'd like to visit Texas when the bluebells are in bloom. I've been to Houston for a wedding in July and it was HOT!! We were in the hill country (also for a wedding) one March, and that was lovely.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is some crazy weather you have had. Brussel sprouts was a good choice. Glad you enjoyed the retreat. We went to one about 30 years ago.

Kirstin said...

I enjoyed your answers. My daughter and son in law were in Texas in 2021 when that crazy snow storm hit.