Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge




1. When were you last a guest at an event or in someone's home? Tell us about it. Do you enjoy having guests in your own home? 
It seems like it’s been a while now since we’ve been to events or in someone else’s home.  We have had play dates with our friend that lives around the corner in our neighborhood.  

I’m not very good at hospitality. I want to feel okay with people just dropping by unannounced. But I always feel like there is always something to put up or clean.  My goal is that the house would be “company ready” at all times.  

2. What has you 'tied up in knots' currently or recently? Are you any good at tying actual knots? 

So many things.....when I tested positive for Covid in December I felt the mental part was hardest for me.  I wondered how many days I’d been contagious, who I had exposed, if I was going to get worse, would the boys get it, etc. 

I am not good at tying knots. The boys have “knot tying” books. Caleb has always been good at it. 

3. What's something you've been wanting to do and have decided 2021 will be the year you 'take the plunge'? 
Um, not sure.  There was one thing I was considering but I’m not positive I’m ready to do that.  (Nice and vague huh!). It’s something I’m praying about and not ready to share yet, but I do need to decide soon.  

4. Something in your home that's old? Something new? Something borrowed? Something blue? 
Old:  one thing that came to mind was the hope chest my Peepaw made for me.
New:  my quilting items....I have bought some material and supplies. 
Borrowed: I have a bag of dishes that are my Mom’s. They were from the leftovers she shared with us and the meal she made us for Christmas. I need to return them (after she is over Covid).
Blue: Titus has a lot of blue in his room. It’s his favorite color.  

5. Share a favorite quote, a verse of scripture, and/or a bit of wisdom for couples getting married in this challenging and seemingly unpredictable season we're currently/still experiencing. 
The wedding day itself is an important day. However that day turns out, it will be okay and fun to look back on years down the road. The marriage itself will take a lot of work and won’t be fun/happy/easy all the time.  But it is worth it.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 
We got more snow Sunday!  We had heard on the news last week to expect snow on Sunday.  It said we could have 3-6 inches.  Well we got up Sunday morning to a beautiful white yard.  It was so peaceful.  The boys had so much fun in it.  It was quite a treat for us because we don't often get snow.  To have snow twice in such a short period of time was great!   This was one of our trees.




Have a day of blessings! 

 Bethany

3 comments:

2 gators said...

love this post absolutely beautiful. I followed you on my other blog Gillians Island and My Life in a Blog, this one got hacked and lost everything and Gillians Island I deleted. Ginabean hope your week is great

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The hope chest sounds so special. The trees look pretty with the snow.
Take care and stay well.

Lisa said...

What fun to play in the snow. Snow is rare in Alabama. Our pastors always remind brides/grooms that the wedding is great but it is just for a day . . .the marriage is for a lifetime.