Thursday, January 7, 2021

Thankful Thursday



My heart is heavy today with so much going on....in our country, world, the sickness, loss.  It's just so much.  I'm thankful I have hope and I know God is in control.  

Today I am thankful for...
~ my husband did (and always does anyway) so much extra when I was resting with Covid.  I really appreciate all he did with the meals, laundry, dishes, etc.  

~ talking with my big boy as we waited for little brother at the dentist.  I enjoyed our conversation and the things he shared.

~ a note on my pillow from my little guy.  He is so cute learning to write words and trying to sound out the ones he doesn't know.  It makes me smile to see him try to read and write!  

~ being able to enjoy some time at the deer lease in our camper over the weekend.  We also picked up the meat from the processor from Caleb's buck so it's nice to have that in the freezer as well.

~ a new year, new goals, new start, new things to try.  I always like the end of one year and the beginning of the next.  I like to look back at my goals for the previous year and see how many I accomplished.  I usually don't have a "word" for the year, but in 2020 I did.  It was "less."  It turned out to have a different meaning that I had originally intended with the pandemic.  I don't have a word this year.

~ new books to read.  I started a new audio book this week while doing laundry and have a couple other books I'm reading as well.  Oh and my neighbor gave me a devotional book so I started that on January 1.  

What is on your thankful list this week?

Have a day of blessings!

 Bethany

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

We have to trust in God's plan but I agree things are really bad right now and it worries me. I have to admit I'm a Trump supporter. Lot's of things I didn't like about him but I think he was doing a wonderful job for our country. He was his worst enemy. I'm worried about what comes next.