Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Eve Thankful Thursday

Merry Christmas!  Not many more Thankful Thursdays left for 2020.  

Today I am thankful for...

~ my husband driving us to the cemetery to put a tree at my Peepaw’s grave. It was the 15 year anniversary of his death. We’d put up Christmas decorations in his hospital room and that evening received a call that he had died.  Now we go out a little tree at his grave each year on that day.  

~ seeing my big boy show his steer for the first time. It was our local show.  They both did a good job. It’s been a learning experience for him, and I’m so glad he had the opportunity.  

~ hearing my little guy singing....This week it’s been a lot of Christmas songs. “Silent Night” he doesn’t know all the words, but he belts out the ones he knows.  

~ changing my expectations and being okay with our normal being different this Christmas.  One example is I did not get the pictures I ordered to send out with our Christmas letter. It still says “pending” on the tracking. And I’m okay with that. It’s been hard not to be down about some things, but at the same time I’m looking for things to be thankful for.

~ that I am still feeling good and don’t have any severe symptoms of Covid. I continue to pray that that will continue and for the boys to be healthy. 

~ comfortable pajamas I’ve been wearing a lot this week being home. 

Have a day of blessings! 
 Bethany