Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. It's fall y'all. What's something you love about this season and also something you don't? 
I am always excited when fall arrives!  I love seeing the leaves change colors and the pumpkins.  I can't think of anything I don't like.  

2. When you think of the colors of fall, which one is your favorite? Is there somewhere you could easily day trip to see the leaves in all their glory? Will you? 
I like yellow and orange together for fall.  
I have noticed the leaves in the trees in our yard are just starting to change colors.  I would love to go to the east coast and see them....that's not a day trip from Texas though!  I hope to do that someday.  I do take notice when they change here though and appreciate that beauty when I see it.

3. What's one thing you've let 'fall' by the wayside during this season of staying home and staying away? 
I'd say it has been hard about being intentional about catching up with friends that I haven't seen as much during this time at home.  I guess I took for granted the times I would see them each week during our routine and how we'd chat and catch up.  That is something that hasn't been happening for me.  

4. If you're wearing a sweater is it most likely a cardigan, crew neck, v-neck, or zip up hoodie? 
It is usually a crew neck.  I've got several comfy favorite ones!
I have seen some really cute cardigans but want to try one on first (not buy online) to see how I like the fit. 

5. What's your secret to dealing with change? 
I don't really like change, I don't know many people that do.  As I've gotten older I guess I've learned it is part of life and is going to happen and I can't change that.  It's another reminder I am not in control, God is.  

6.  Insert your own random thought here.
The West Texas Fair is over.  We didn't even go to it this year like we normally do.  Earlier this week I picked up our entries in the creative arts division and our prize winnings.  You get a little cash for 1st-3rd places.  Titus won a little paintbrush and bottle of paint for his entry in the painted rock category which he was excited about!  

Have a day of blessings!
 Bethany

4 comments:

ellen b. said...

Glad you get Fall changes where you are and can enjoy them. All of our fairs have been cancelled. Congrats to your winner! I think we have to be reminded a lot about who is really in control. Have a wonderful Wednesday and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

Susan said...

Our country fairs were all closed. Disneyland has been closed but plans to open in about a week on a limited basis. I miss going. They decorate for fall and they have a huge Mickey pumpkin that makes a fun welcome sight. After months I broke down and went with my friends.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Fall colors are so pretty along with the colors of Spring. I also like the yellows and oranges. Your right, I haven't seen my friend from bowling since May. I do try to text here every few weeks. Congrats to Titus!

Willow said...

Our county fair didn't even happen this year in August. That was sad.
I'm thankful that we trust trust the ONE who is in control since we really have no control.