Thursday, July 18, 2019

Thankful Thursday


We have had quite a week.  We have much to be thankful for and that is what I have been focusing on!

We discovered a problem at our house.  We had bed bugs.  It was so overwhelming and daunting to deal with.  I have never known anyone with this problem.  I've learned there are others I know, but no one talks about it.  I felt embarrassed  in the beginning and scared what people would think.

We do not know where we got them and probably will never know for sure.  We have a couple ideas but nothing definite.  Caleb does not have them in his room/bed so we don't think they came from any of his camps he's done this summer.

So we discovered the problem and had two different pest people come inspect and give us quotes for treatment.  It is VERY expensive!  We picked one we found online that had a longer guarantee for the work and then got to work prepping the house for the treatment.  We only had two days and all worked together to get it done.  We had to remove a bunch of stuff that would melt or be damaged in the high heat.

The treatment happened yesterday and we will go back home today.



Here is my thankful list for this week:
~ my husband earned a bonus at work from the previous fiscal year.  He found this out when we were on our trip to San Antonio.  We were thankful to find this out and to have this money to use towards the bug treatment.  It is very expensive so the bonus came at just the right time.

~ my big boy being able to serve last week at Camp Blessing.  I have loved hearing his stories about the campers he helped and the activities they did at camp.  What an amazing place!

~ having fun at the park with my little guy (and husband) last week for the party for the end of summer reading program.  He was proud to go up and get his certificate for reading this summer.  We played at the park after we had hot dogs.

~ being able to stay a couple nights at my Mom before and after the house was heated.  Also she came to help us in the prep on Tuesday and got a bunch of stuff out for us.

~ going to the ladies supper at our church. We had a pasta bar and dessert.

~ being able to help a friend in her classroom. This is her first year teaching, and she is setting up her classroom.  It was fun to go help her.  Another friend came too and we had a nice time working and going to lunch together.


Have a day of blessings!  
  Bethany

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my, I'm so sorry.
God sent that check right on time. I love when that happens. Nice that your mom helped and you were able to stay with her.