Thursday, January 3, 2019

Thankful Thursday


Hope your 2019 is beginning in a positive way.

We ended 2018 at the deer lease. We were planning to come home on Monday but went ahead and stayed till Tuesday. It was a nice time away.  Caleb didn’t get a deer, but he loved being there and hunting.   I did have a choking incident Monday night that was a scary feeling for me.  It felt like I was drowning. This happened about two years ago at Rosa’s also.

This week I am thankful for...
~ all my husband has done while being home due to the government shutdown. He has worked on so many things/projects. And made meals. He’s keeping busy. He’s never been off this long over the holidays. I appreciate him.

~ my big boy working on a school paper during his break. He told me before school was out he might work on the papers to get them done. They are for his biology class, they have one due each six weeks so he has three more for the year.  He did one of them today.

~ my little guy’s joyful heart. He has just been so happy this week. He sang loudly Christmas songs and made up songs on our way home from the deer lease. It just made me smile!

~ our camper. It was so nice to stay in at the deer lease and I’m so thankful we have it. It was warm to be in while the guys were out hunting. Titus and I did some activities together which was fun and relaxing. (And it has a potty which is a big plus for me! Haha!)

~ warm home.  It has been cold and icy a couple days. We’ve had a fire going most of the time. It’s been nice to be home and not have anywhere to be.  The electricity went off for a while this afternoon. Thankfully they got it fixed so we weren’t without for too long of a time.

~ the newness of the new year.  I am blessed in so many ways and I always appreciate the new year and starting over or trying new things.

Have a day of blessings!
 Bethany

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Well the shut down sucks but I'm glad your husband was able to be home during the holiday's to help you. You always have so many things to be thankful for.

Terri D said...

A list full of many blessings!! Even though your hunters didn't get a deer, your family time together was priceless! Thanks for sharing!