Thursday, December 27, 2018

Thankful Thursday



I hope you and your family have enjoyed this Christmas week.  As we come to the last days of 2018, what are you thankful for?


Here is my thankful list for this week...
~ my husband being home.  He is actually unable to go to work because of the government shutdown.  He went and closed his office on Wednesday morning.  We enjoy having him home.

~ my big boy

~ my little guy's love of everything about Christmas and his excitement and appreciation for his gifts.  He loves the lights and had fun opening his gifts and playing with them.

~ lunch with my "forever friend."  We had a nice visit today for lunch, it was nice to catch up in person.

~ a beautiful Christmas holiday and time with family.  We still have more family we will see this weekend and next.

~ and finally I am thankful for my dear sweet "Mrs. Eleanore."  She was my pen pal for many years (I don't know for sure when I started to write to her.)  She went to her Heavenly home on Dec. 22.  I am very grateful that I had the opportunity to meet her when we were on our vacation this past summer. It was an honor to meet her in person and get to hug her.  She will be missed.  I'm thankful for the blessing of knowing her.


I am linking up this week here for Thankful Thursday.

Have a day of blessings!

 Bethany

2 comments:

Terri D said...

I'm sorry to learn you lost a dear friend. Your thankful list is full of wonderful things, including the memories or your Mrs. Eleanore. Hugs!

betty-NZ said...

A great list of thankful things. Most of the time, it's the little thing that we take for granted that make us truly happy.