Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge





1.  April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Is there a flower you associate with a particular memory? Explain.  We always had an area of irises at my childhood home.  I have a flower bed full of purple and yellow irises at our home now.  It always makes me excited to see the first one bloom and then how there are new ones every day.

2. Last time you helped someone? Tell us how.After small group Titus likes to help one of the ladies dry the dishes.  He helped for a while and then I helped with the drying and putting away of the dishes.

3. It's National Salsa Month (the food, not the dance) so tell us, do you like salsa? Hot, medium, or mild? Homemade, store bought, or from your favorite restaurant only?
Yes, I love salsa.  Homemade is the best, but at home we have store bought.  I prefer mild.


4. When I was twelve years old...It was 1991. I don't know anything specific from being 12.  During that time my aunt would take me to school in the mornings after she dropped off her daughter (my cousin) at my house.  My cousin stayed with my Mom during the day.  My aunt would bring us breakfast some mornings like a croissanwich from Burger King.  (This came to mind because I bought one actually today.  I have not had one for a long time.)

5. It's the first of May so let's run with it-first things first, don't know the first thing about it, first dibs on something, first impression, first rate, first cousin, first string, first come first served, at first light-which phrase can best be applied to something in your life currently or even recently?

First cousin.....I saw a couple of my cousins at Titus' birthday party earlier this month.  When we were growing up we had big family "get togethers."  Now we are all grown and spread out to different areas so we don't see each other often.
My boys have two cousins, both girls.  They love being together and have fun when they are together, even with their age differences.


6. Insert your own random thought here. 
I like visiting my favorite consignment store and am always happy about the good deals I find there.  I got some pajamas for Titus today and 2 new unopened crockpot liners for $3 (random find!).   I also got some new tennis shoes at Kohl's for $12.98.  Great price....I had Kohl's Cash and rewards and a 20% off coupon!

Today is one month till our 17 year anniversary and that will be the day my little brother in law marries his bride!!

Have a day of blessings! 
  Bethany

4 comments:

Preppy Empty Nester said...

I love good shopping deals! Have a wonderful week, Bethany.

ellen b said...

Hello Bethany, I enjoyed reading your hodgepodge. Sounds like you'll be celebrating nicely in a month. Enjoy your anniversary and the wedding.

Anonymous said...

I went to the local christian ministry thrift store yesterday and found a great toy bin/organizer thing. Such a great deal.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's so sweet of Titus. That's a sweet memory with your aunt. Glad your shopping went well. An early Happy Anniversary to you and how awesome that your brother in law is getting married on that day!