Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Three things on your spring bucket list? If you don't have an actual list that's fine, pretend you do.
a.  Clean out closet.  Part of that got done last weekend.
b.  Find a dress to wear to my brother in law's wedding coming up in June. I also need to find something for Titus to wear. 

c.  Do a good job tending to my flowers.  (I'm not very good at this!)

2. Where do you find rest? What restores your soul? When was the last time you did whatever it was you answered here? It is restful to me when I can take a hot bath and read.  It restores my soul to be alone.  I have found I need that alone time or I get grouchy.  My husband is very good about making sure I get rest for which I'm thankful.

3. April is National Celery Month. Who knew? Do you like celery? What's your favorite dish made with celery? On a veggie and dip platter which would you reach for first-carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumbers or cherry tomatoes? I did not know there was a celery month.  I do like to eat celery but don't buy it just to eat by itself.  I love my Mom's dressing at Thanksgiving with bits of celery in it.  I would for sure choose cherry tomatoes first on a veggie platter.

4. I read here eight things to do before 8 am to make your day less hectic-Start one load of laundry, drink water, empty the dishwasher, read your Bible, know what you're having for dinner, get dressed, brain dump (two lists-one what you're thankful for and one what's weighing on your mind), and after the brain dump make your to-list for the day

How many of these are you currently doing? Which one do you think would help the most if you added it to your early morning routine?  This is really a good list. Some mornings I go back to bed after my husband takes Caleb to school.  It usually isn't for long before Titus will wake up.  On the mornings I take Caleb to school I often do get a load of laundry started first thing.  I don't use the dishwasher but know I feel better when the clean dishes are put up.  (My hubby often does this in the evening.)  I read my Bible when Titus naps.  I try to plan meals out at the beginning of the week but this doesn't always happen.  I need to drink more water.  I also like the idea of starting the idea with the two lists for the brain dump.

5. Describe the view from your window.  Our living room does not have a window.  We have a sliding glass door at the back of the house near the living room and out that window is our deck and dog. I like the trees in our backyard.  I have said many times how I miss the big huge windows in the living room we had in our previous house.  They faced the road, and I loved having them open. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

Caleb brought home his yearbook  yesterday.  There were a couple special pages for the 8th graders, one said Class of 2022.  That will be here before we know it!  He is thinking about high school and making plans. 

Have a day of blessings! 

   Bethany

5 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

Yeah, high school goes by so quickly. My two went from freshmen to seniors in the blink of an eye. Take time to enjoy it.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, these next 4 years will fly by so do enjoy them. Life is never the same once they graduate from high school and leave for college. :o(( Great answers and enjoy the rest of your week!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

A wedding, how exciting! Our Sprouts grocery store has had the best Heirloom cherry tomatoes. We are just eating them up! I've never been a weekly meal planner. I'm doing better with planning some meals because of Pinterest. I'm thinking Mark and I should do that when he retires. That's crazy about the yearbook. Time is going by too quickly. Did I tell you that I am going to be a grandmother in October. It's a boy. I haven't shared it publicly yet.

Unknown said...

Yes high school with come and go so fast. Enjoy your time with him. Great view of the tree in the back yard.

Wendy said...

Dropping in as your Hodgepodge neighbour. I love getting a few extra minutes in bed. Yes time flies and then kids move on to new chapters but it's exciting exploring them. (Mine are all grown and married and now starting on the next generation.)